My experience with Borland's instructor led online training.
This "instructor led" online version of the Advanced Training with SilkTest at $1500 is a total rip-off. I am considering contacting the credit card company to dispute the charges based on "breach of contract" and false advertisement.
The online class materials resemble a tutorial that should have been included as part of the SilkTest installation. Do not let the term "instructor led" fool you. You are pretty much on your own. Questions on the question board are left unanswered. If they are answered, most of the time the instructor does not understand your questions or does not know how to answer them. What is the most aggravating experience is to ask the instructor a question on something you read from the online help or class material and to have the instructor copy verbatim as an answer, the very exact paragraph you had a question on. This practice is done without the slightest attempt at expounding on the material. Isn't that what instructor led should be all about - to expound on the material?
The instructor does answer emails, albeit not always in a timely manner. The answers however, are always terse, incomplete and never, ever do they clarify your questions.
Exercises that are required to be submitted to the best of my knowledge are not reviewed.
No recorded WebEx sessions are available.
In summary, you are much better off paying the extra $300 and attending a physical class being taught by a full-time instructor. This option is not always available however, either due to your location or the fact that Borland cancels the classes due to not having enough students. Unfortunately, the instructors for the online version just seem to pop in and out whenever they have the time and do not appear to take the class seriously.
I want to repost comment to SilkTest Question 58: SilkTest training from Borland It looks like I did the right decision when decided to take on site Silk Test training course.
SilkTest interview questions for QA Testers
- Silktest Interview Question 78 - How many programming languages can QA Engineer use in Micro Focus SilkTest?
- Silktest Interview Question 77 - How to download latest SilkTest 2009 trial version?
- Silktest Interview Question 76 - Why do we need to use SilkTest 2009 ?
- Silktest Interview Question 75: Can Silktest 2009 do load testing?
- Silktest Interview Question 74: What Silktest 2009 editions are available?
- SilkTest question 73: SilkTest vs HP QTP comparasion?
- SilkTest question 72: How to use SilkTest in agile testing?
- SilkTest question 71: Does SilkTest support Chrome browser?
- SilkTest question 70: How to compare PDF document with SilkTest 2008?
- SilkTest question 69: SilkTest vs Winrunner comparison?
- SilkTest question 68: Online Advanced Training with SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 67: How to start/stop/pause two word names Windows service with SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 66: SilkTest vs Selenium
- SilkTest Question 65: How to start/stop/pause Windows service with SilkTest?
- Interview Question 64: How to hide username and password information?
- SilkTest Question 63: Does Silk Test have any future?
- Interview Question 62: When can I download Flex extension for SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 61: How can I execute the same test case multiple times?
- SilkTest Question 60: Where can I find SilkTest 2010 tutorials?
- SilkTest Question 59: What is hidecalls keyword for?
- SilkTest Question 58: SilkTest training from Borland
- SilkTest Question 57: BCSTE certification and job market?
- SilkTest Question 56: Will obtaining SCSTE certification improve chances of getting a QA job?
- SilkTest Question 55: How does conditional operator work?
- SilkTest Question 54: Links not being recognized
- SilkTest Question 53: How to fix unable to start Internet Explorer error?
- SilkTest Question 52: How to fix DLL cannot be loaded error?
- SilkTest Question 51: How to conduct testing with SilkTest via Microsoft Remote Desktop?
- SilkTest Question 49: What does this code print?
- SilkTest Question 48: Do you recommend installing WinRunner and Silktest on the same machine?
- SilkTest Question 46: How to get machine hostname?
- SilkTest Question 45: How to fix no license for silktest_gui error?
- SilkTest Question 44: How to email test results using Microsoft Outlook?
- SilkTest Question 43: How to count the number of open browsers?
- SilkTest Question 42: How to get substring of the string variable?
- SilkTest Question 41: What is the latest version of Silktest?
- SilkTest Question 40: Did you have any problem with FireFox and SilkTest 8.0?
- SilkTest Question 39: How to use verify statement?
- SilkTest Question 38: How to read value from read only text field?
- SilkTest Question 37: How to fix "Mouse Coordinate (x,y) is off the screen" error?
- SilkTest Question 36: How to open and close browser?
- SilkTest Question 35: Did you have any issues with SilkTest 8.0?
- SilkTest Question 34: How can QA engineer execute SilkTest from the command line
- SilkTest Question 33: How to stop a running test case before it completes?
- SilkTest Question 32: Can you explain the standard flow of test case execution
- SilkTest Question 31: How to update an Excel spreadsheet using SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 30: What are the important aspects of a test case?
- SilkTest Question 29: How to hide password in the 4test script file?
- SilkTest Question 28: How to start installation testing?
- SilkTest Question 27: How to set correct browser extension for web based application?
- SilkTest Question 26: How to repair *** Error: Application not ready error?
- SilkTest Question 25: How to fix the explorer6_Dom error?
- SilkTest Question 24: What is the limitation of Silk Test automation tool?
- SilkTest Question 23: How to set up proxy setting with 4test code?
- SilkTest Question 22: Explain advantages of DOM extension over VO extension?
- SilkTest Question 21: How to fix bitmap failed to stabilize error?
- SilkTest Question 20: How to use regular expression in Silk Test?
- SilkTest Question 19: How to execute the string as the function?
- SilkTest Question 18: How to read data from Micros...
- Silktest Question 17: How to close all windows on desktop?
- Silktest Question 16: How to delete cookies files using the 4test language?
- Silktest Question 15: The SilkMeter license server is down. What can I do?
- Silktest Question 14: How to test dynamic text in web based application?
- Silktest Question 13: What is SilkTest Host?
- Silktest Question 12: What are the database functions offered by DBTester?
- Silktest Question 11: What is the Borland Testing Methodology?
- Silktest Question 10: How to append to List Of List Of String?
- Silktest Question 9: How to capture the contents of Microsoft Word document invoked in Internet Explorer browser.
- Silktest Question 8: If I get an exception during executing DB_Connect, how do I know exactly what kind of exception it is?
- Silktest Question 7: Matching '?' character in a string
- Silktest Question 6: Silktest or Winrunner?
- Silktest Question 5: Why did Borland buy Segue?
- Silktest Question 4: Where can I buy any good basic or advance books on SilkTest?
- Silktest Question 3: Is SilkTest Extension Kit part of SilkTest?
- Silktest Question 2: SilkTest recognises Internet Explorer as a Client/Server Application
- Silktest Question 1: SilkTest does not set DefaultBaseState for Internet Explorer