My indolent QA Manager wants me to send him the result of execution functional test every night and I'm been sluggish don not want to create and send emails manually. Can I send email with attachment using Silk Test?
Everything is possible in SikTest world. I use "partner -resextract -r "C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\Projects\Winrunner\TestCase.pln" to extract test report. Next I created code below and save it as qtp.vbs (note vbs extension) and run newly created file with the following command "wscript qtp.vbs".
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
objOutlookMsg.To = "email@example.com"
objOutlookMsg.CC = "firstname.lastname@example.org "
objOutlookMsg.BCC = ""
objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Nightly build verification completed"
objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear SQA Manager, attached is the result of execution of my lame test"
objOutlookMsg.Attachments.Add "test report"
SilkTest interview questions for QA Testers
- Silktest Interview Question 78 - How many programming languages can QA Engineer use in Micro Focus SilkTest?
- Silktest Interview Question 77 - How to download latest SilkTest 2009 trial version?
- Silktest Interview Question 76 - Why do we need to use SilkTest 2009 ?
- Silktest Interview Question 75: Can Silktest 2009 do load testing?
- Silktest Interview Question 74: What Silktest 2009 editions are available?
- SilkTest question 73: SilkTest vs HP QTP comparasion?
- SilkTest question 72: How to use SilkTest in agile testing?
- SilkTest question 71: Does SilkTest support Chrome browser?
- SilkTest question 70: How to compare PDF document with SilkTest 2008?
- SilkTest question 69: SilkTest vs Winrunner comparison?
- SilkTest question 68: Online Advanced Training with SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 67: How to start/stop/pause two word names Windows service with SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 66: SilkTest vs Selenium
- SilkTest Question 65: How to start/stop/pause Windows service with SilkTest?
- Interview Question 64: How to hide username and password information?
- SilkTest Question 63: Does Silk Test have any future?
- Interview Question 62: When can I download Flex extension for SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 61: How can I execute the same test case multiple times?
- SilkTest Question 60: Where can I find SilkTest 2010 tutorials?
- SilkTest Question 59: What is hidecalls keyword for?
- SilkTest Question 58: SilkTest training from Borland
- SilkTest Question 57: BCSTE certification and job market?
- SilkTest Question 56: Will obtaining SCSTE certification improve chances of getting a QA job?
- SilkTest Question 55: How does conditional operator work?
- SilkTest Question 54: Links not being recognized
- SilkTest Question 53: How to fix unable to start Internet Explorer error?
- SilkTest Question 52: How to fix DLL cannot be loaded error?
- SilkTest Question 51: How to conduct testing with SilkTest via Microsoft Remote Desktop?
- SilkTest Question 49: What does this code print?
- SilkTest Question 48: Do you recommend installing WinRunner and Silktest on the same machine?
- SilkTest Question 46: How to get machine hostname?
- SilkTest Question 45: How to fix no license for silktest_gui error?
- SilkTest Question 44: How to email test results using Microsoft Outlook?
- SilkTest Question 43: How to count the number of open browsers?
- SilkTest Question 42: How to get substring of the string variable?
- SilkTest Question 41: What is the latest version of Silktest?
- SilkTest Question 40: Did you have any problem with FireFox and SilkTest 8.0?
- SilkTest Question 39: How to use verify statement?
- SilkTest Question 38: How to read value from read only text field?
- SilkTest Question 37: How to fix "Mouse Coordinate (x,y) is off the screen" error?
- SilkTest Question 36: How to open and close browser?
- SilkTest Question 35: Did you have any issues with SilkTest 8.0?
- SilkTest Question 34: How can QA engineer execute SilkTest from the command line
- SilkTest Question 33: How to stop a running test case before it completes?
- SilkTest Question 32: Can you explain the standard flow of test case execution
- SilkTest Question 31: How to update an Excel spreadsheet using SilkTest?
- SilkTest Question 30: What are the important aspects of a test case?
- SilkTest Question 29: How to hide password in the 4test script file?
- SilkTest Question 28: How to start installation testing?
- SilkTest Question 27: How to set correct browser extension for web based application?
- SilkTest Question 26: How to repair *** Error: Application not ready error?
- SilkTest Question 25: How to fix the explorer6_Dom error?
- SilkTest Question 24: What is the limitation of Silk Test automation tool?
- SilkTest Question 23: How to set up proxy setting with 4test code?
- SilkTest Question 22: Explain advantages of DOM extension over VO extension?
- SilkTest Question 21: How to fix bitmap failed to stabilize error?
- SilkTest Question 20: How to use regular expression in Silk Test?
- SilkTest Question 19: How to execute the string as the function?
- SilkTest Question 18: How to read data from Micros...
- Silktest Question 17: How to close all windows on desktop?
- Silktest Question 16: How to delete cookies files using the 4test language?
- Silktest Question 15: The SilkMeter license server is down. What can I do?
- Silktest Question 14: How to test dynamic text in web based application?
- Silktest Question 13: What is SilkTest Host?
- Silktest Question 12: What are the database functions offered by DBTester?
- Silktest Question 11: What is the Borland Testing Methodology?
- Silktest Question 10: How to append to List Of List Of String?
- Silktest Question 9: How to capture the contents of Microsoft Word document invoked in Internet Explorer browser.
- Silktest Question 8: If I get an exception during executing DB_Connect, how do I know exactly what kind of exception it is?
- Silktest Question 7: Matching '?' character in a string
- Silktest Question 6: Silktest or Winrunner?
- Silktest Question 5: Why did Borland buy Segue?
- Silktest Question 4: Where can I buy any good basic or advance books on SilkTest?
- Silktest Question 3: Is SilkTest Extension Kit part of SilkTest?
- Silktest Question 2: SilkTest recognises Internet Explorer as a Client/Server Application
- Silktest Question 1: SilkTest does not set DefaultBaseState for Internet Explorer